Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Maggie, you can make more money by saying "I do" than you can by working your whole life" - Parker Moffat

This Christmas I was talking to my dear friend Parker Moffat who has been known to provide good advice. He's like my own personal life coach. He provides me with insight to life. When I came back from New York one time, I mentioned that I had dinner with a guy I'd met at Grand Central Station....to which Parker so morally/sarcastically responded, "Did you sleep with him?" "NO! obviously not!" I replied. Then Parker imparted upon me this little gem of knowledge, "Mags, hasn't anyone ever told you? You're not gonna get anywhere in life until you start sleeping around"

For those of you unfamiliar with Parker....he was kidding! However, I don't think he was kidding two nights ago when he told me, "Mags, you can make more money saying 'I do' than you can in a lifetime of working!"

The other week my 'Dearest McKay' was informing me that he had given his sister Jordan similar advice recently.

Clearly my sister Kate and her husband Geoff had the same thought when they picked this little trinket up for me. Merry Christmas Mags!!!

To fully appreciate this piggy bank, allow me to explain to you what it says...

-On the fine print, the woman in the red dress is saying, "Are you sexually attracted to money?

-The top of the tin, where the opening is, says, "Dream Big"

-And the back of the tin says this...

"Of course you can't go out and buy a man. But, darling, you can certainly go out and buy the trappings to attract one. A rich husband is the best investment you'll ever make, but don't fool yourself - it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get him so you'd better start savin' up. And you'd better get to work

"First step? Dust yourself off. Get your hair styled. Get a manicure. Then splurge and pick out a fabulously flattering wardrobe. Don't forget finishing school, language lessons, and a membership at the best country club...where your chances are sky high to find true love.

"A life of monogrammed sheets, chauffeur-driven cars, pool staff, private jets, and passion awaits you. Why don't you make today the first day of the rest of your life?

"Happy Husband Hunting!"



---Merry Christmas to all...and to all a rich husband!


5 comments:

  1. oh man.. i dont even know what to say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie! I love your blog Almost as much as I love you. We should stop rating your boys on the dates they've taken you on and their handsome mug, but their credit and wallet size.

    Your an accounting major.. it wouldn't be crossing the line to ask frivolous information like that on the first date would it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is out of control! And who is this guy you met in Grand Central? You can't even find time to visit your BYU friends while you're in town, but you're having dinner with random strangers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim don't hate me! it was the first night I got in town and I hadn't even spoken to you yet!!!


    ps: I promise i'm not materialistic everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie... Just in case you hadn't realized. It's been a month since you blogged. How much longer will you torture your fascinated readers?

    ReplyDelete